IS YOUR DOG OR CAT AFRAID OF FIREWORKS?
Also this year will undoubtedly end up with a bang, but to dogs and cats loud and unexpected bangs are not so much fun. Unfortunately there is fireworks from early December on. Both humans and animals are scared of fireworks, but we (humans) know there is no threatening situation. Your dog or cat sadly is not aware of this.
The fear of loud noises is a natural anxiety directly related to survival. This could result in excessive barking, whining, but also hiding under the couch or in dark corners of the house. Sometimes anxious dogs or cats make a run for it after which it is difficult and almost impossible to recall them. Anxiety on the night itself is unpleasant, however this behaviour can become a continuous problem. Then your dog or cat will not only panic when fireworks go off but also with other sounds such as thunderstorms.
WHAT TO DO TO REDUCE STRESS / ANXIETY?
• Create a safe place where the dog or cat can already get used to in advance
• Preferably a room with the least possible windows
• Turn on lights and a radio or TV, this mutes the sounds from outside
• Keep windows and curtains closed
• Distract your dog or cat with a treat (for example with a bone)
• Lay down a large blanket under which your dog or cat can hide and get comfortable
• Walk the dog leashed, making it impossible to make a run for it when scared and do not allow your cat to go outside
• Don't make walks too long. When the fireworks get heavier during the night don't go out for walks at all
• Reward good behaviour, for instance when the dog or cat remains calm when fireworks go off
• Don't use fireworks in the front- or backyard, keep your distance
WHAT CAN YOU RECOMMEND CUSTOMERS?
Provide No Stress Mix HK supplement from early December.
NO STRESS MIX HK
Research has shown that stress in dogs and cats can be lowered by adding certain nutrients to the dog's or cat's diet. No Stress Mix HK contains L-tryptophan. L-tryptophan has a positive effect on certain moods, such as restlessness and anxiety, appetite and sleep patterns. No Stress Mix HK supports digestion, skin and urinary tract (in short, the organs function less well with stress). No Stress Mix HK must be mixed with daily food until after New Year.
If you have not chosen No Stress Mix,we recommend No Stress Paste Dog&Cat, this is an injector that can be used on New Year's Eve. It can also be combined.
|NO STRESS PASTE DOG&CAT (INJECTOR)No Stress Paste Dog&Cat reduces anxiety. Your dog or cat will be less sensitive to noise. That is exactly what we want for fear of loud noises. We advice to give the first dose at 16:00 then repeat at 20:00. This can be repeated every 3 hours.|